As I was editing my new book Practical Node.js, 2nd Edition, I found a few recurring mistakes that my publisher's editor was correcting. I wrote over dozen of books but I still don't know some of English grammar. Do you know some of these tricky rules? Front-end app vs. frontend Which vs. that While vs. whereas May vs. might Login vs log in Front-end is an adjective while frontend is a noun. For example, "I build front-end systems", but "I work on the frontend". Which needs comma and it is less important than that, which is used without a comma. The which clause can be removed but the that one cannot be removed without the loss of the meaning. For example, "I like Node.js, which is JavaScript on the server", but "Create a file that starts the Koa server". While and whereas are similar when you contrast two things, but whereas is a bit more formal (and less used in spoken language). While can be used for timing but whereas cannot. For example, "window is a global variable in browsers while/whereas global is in Node", but "When it's noisy in cafes, I write code while listening to Spotify".


I guess you came to this post by searching similar kind of issues in any of the search engine and hope that this resolved your problem. If you find this tips useful, just drop a line below and share the link to others and who knows they might find it useful too.

Stay tuned to my blogtwitter or facebook to read more articles, tutorials, news, tips & tricks on various technology fields. Also Subscribe to our Newsletter with your Email ID to keep you updated on latest posts. We will send newsletter to your registered email address. We will not share your email address to anybody as we respect privacy.


This article is related to

Advices