Every Windows Phone developer who has non-tech friends, relatives or a wife with a Windows Phone knows the problem: a lot of users don't check their Store regularly and simply don't update their apps – or at least not often enough. The highly intelligent Pedro Lamas – Senior Nokia engineer, author of the Cimbalino Windows Phone toolkit, and my personal savior when I ran into some very exotic problems with Nokia Music – recently described a way to automatically check for updates inside the app.With his permission, I decided to pack the core logic into a behavior, much like I did with the ratings logic in my previous post – so you can essentially drag this on your main app page and be done with it.Pedro has used something like my SafeBehavior in Cimbalino, and now I use some of his code in the wp7nl library on codeplex. This is how community works. In that light the quote on top of this article is rather badly chosen ;-)


I guess you came to this post by searching similar kind of issues in any of the search engine and hope that this resolved your problem. If you find this tips useful, just drop a line below and share the link to others and who knows they might find it useful too.

Stay tuned to my blogtwitter or facebook to read more articles, tutorials, news, tips & tricks on various technology fields. Also Subscribe to our Newsletter with your Email ID to keep you updated on latest posts. We will send newsletter to your registered email address. We will not share your email address to anybody as we respect privacy.


This article is related to

C#,.NET,Intermediate,Advanced,VS2010,.Net,Articles,.Net Tutorials,C#,Mobile Development Tutorials,Mobile Developments,Window Phone Tutorials,WP7,WP8