There are times when you need to do some heavy work. Of course there are times in every one's life when mom forces you to clean your room, but I am not talking about that "heavy" work, not now I mean. From heavy work I mean like when you need to iterate in a very large collection to make changes in its entities or something like that. If you are planning to do it in the main thread of Silverlight itself, then believe me buddy, you are in serious trouble. Doing that kind of stuff might block your user interface. So here comes background worker in the picture. As the name itself suggests, background worker means…background worker. It is actually a thread with completed event. There are two basic events in Background worker that actually do work, yeah I mean literally, - DoWork - RunWorkerCompleted are the two. DoWorker do the heavy lifting. RunWorkerCompleted is called when DoWorker completed doing heavy lifting. Let me first give you my mainpage.cs class which have Background worker initialized and its events created.


I guess you came to this post by searching similar kind of issues in any of the search engine and hope that this resolved your problem. If you find this tips useful, just drop a line below and share the link to others and who knows they might find it useful too.

Stay tuned to my blogtwitter or facebook to read more articles, tutorials, news, tips & tricks on various technology fields. Also Subscribe to our Newsletter with your Email ID to keep you updated on latest posts. We will send newsletter to your registered email address. We will not share your email address to anybody as we respect privacy.


This article is related to

C#,.NET,Architect,Intermediate,VS2010,.Net,Articles,Computer Tutorials,Background Worker