Today while creating my first CI Build definition in the Visual Studio Team Foundation Server, I noticed that, though the Silverlight 5 SDK is installed in the server, I was unable to run the build. It was throwing an error message that says "The Silverlight 4 SDK is not installed". The issue was not actually with the Silverlight SDK and I found the solution after lots of analysis. In this post, I am going to share it so that, if you come across the same issue, it will be helpful. Build Issue I was actually trying to create a build definition to do automated build on each code check-in named as CI build (Continuous Integration) for one of my Silverlight project. When I triggered the build for the first time, I noticed that the build failed as it was unable to detect Silverlight 4 SDK in the server. The Team Foundation Server (TFS) was recently upgraded to TFS 2012 from the TFS 2010 version and the Silverlight 5 SDK was installed earlier prior to TFS...


I guess you came to this post by searching similar kind of issues in any of the search engine and hope that this resolved your problem. If you find this tips useful, just drop a line below and share the link to others and who knows they might find it useful too.

Stay tuned to my blogtwitter or facebook to read more articles, tutorials, news, tips & tricks on various technology fields. Also Subscribe to our Newsletter with your Email ID to keep you updated on latest posts. We will send newsletter to your registered email address. We will not share your email address to anybody as we respect privacy.


This article is related to

</ span>.NET,Architect,Intermediate,VS2010,.Net,Articles,Computer Tutorials,Silverlight,TFS