This article illustrates two ways of using touch or mouse input to rotate a UI element in a XAML-based Windows 8 Store app. I'm sharing this code because I believe that the corresponding official MSDN sample is too complex. Don't get me wrong: the Windows 8 gestures sample looks nice and gives a complete overview of all gestures and their mouse equivalent. But it uses three entire classes to do something that you can literally do in three lines of code. In this article, I'll describe the guidelines-compliant way of rotating an element using a two-finger gesture, but I also provide a one-finger alternative. Since not everyone has a touch screen (yet), I also give you two ways for using the mouse to rotate an element. As usual, the article comes with a downloadable sample app. It just displays two round rotatable images.


I guess you came to this post by searching similar kind of issues in any of the search engine and hope that this resolved your problem. If you find this tips useful, just drop a line below and share the link to others and who knows they might find it useful too.

Stay tuned to my blogtwitter or facebook to read more articles, tutorials, news, tips & tricks on various technology fields. Also Subscribe to our Newsletter with your Email ID to keep you updated on latest posts. We will send newsletter to your registered email address. We will not share your email address to anybody as we respect privacy.


This article is related to

</ span>C#,.NET,Architect,Intermediate,VS2010,.Net,Articles,Computer Tutorials,XAML,Window8, Window,Window Apps