A couple of months ago, I was working on a requirement using Silverlight 4, which contained a ListBox with Employees information in it. This ListBox contained Employee's category information like Manager, Operator etc and the data was displayed in the ListBox using DataTemplates. A part of the requirement was to use a style for every Employee Category, which I found difficult to implement in SL 4, once the DataTemplate for the ListBox was set. I somehow implemented the styling programmatically.

A couple of days ago, while exploring Silverlight 5 RC and looking at the new Implicit Templates feature, I remembered the requirement I just described. Implicit Templates are DataTemplates and are associated with a specific DataType. They are applied on the control which has a DataTemplate containing this DataType. I decided to use Implicit Templates for the above requirement.

 

Read More from: Original Source