This article is inspired to present the easiest way of building your own speech to text based call recording system.

Speech recognition is the process of converting spoken words to text. This technology has so many utilization possibilities, it made me wonder if I could build an application myself which is capable of such thing. I have done a lot of research until I have found a software development kit that has enabled me to finally start experimenting. This article is inspired to present my observations, and to give a technical review of making a softphone implementation uses speech to text based call recording. You can easily follow the steps through a sample program.


To begin with, let's see the configuration steps.

  1. First, you need to download the Ozeki C# Speech to text sample program.

  2. Extract the sample program into a directory.

  3. Then, load it into Visual Studio 2010.

  4. In the telephone initialization section of the PhoneMain.cs file you need to replace the local IP address of the PC on which the system runs instead of „your local IP Address". Like this:

    Read More....