I took my son to the library the other day to get some books to read over summer break. While there, I stumbled across a copy of Voltaire's Candide, a book I'd heard of often but never read. What a crazy book! I found it fascinating to read such biting satire from the 18th century. And since I have been obsessing about microservice architecture for the last four years, two other things struck me. First, the book's concluding message that "we must cultivate our gardens" reminded me of Erik Wilde's "service landscaping" concept. Secondly, I am convinced that Candide must have had a big influence on my favorite author, Kurt Vonnegut. But what does Vonnegut have to do with microservice architecture? Kurt Vonnegut's 1963 novel, Cat's Cradle, tells the story of the world ending from irresponsible scientific progress, an allegory for the nuclear proliferation threatening the globe at that time. In it, Vonnegut creates a fictional but surprisingly fleshed-out religion called Bokononism that is essentially a collection of untrue but useful proverbs.


I guess you came to this post by searching similar kind of issues in any of the search engine and hope that this resolved your problem. If you find this tips useful, just drop a line below and share the link to others and who knows they might find it useful too.

Stay tuned to my blogtwitter or facebook to read more articles, tutorials, news, tips & tricks on various technology fields. Also Subscribe to our Newsletter with your Email ID to keep you updated on latest posts. We will send newsletter to your registered email address. We will not share your email address to anybody as we respect privacy.


This article is related to


microservices,enterprise,software architecture,distributed systems